E-Mail : baryogya[at]gmail.com
Ethics and Social Science in the same institution. He received his bachelor degree in Asian Studies and English Literature from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA, while his master degree was obtained from the University of London, England, in Social Ethics and Asian Religions. Prof. Dr. Bernard T. Adeney-Risakotta’s doctoral degree was earned from the Graduate Theological Union at the University of California, Berkeley, in Religion and Society, Social Ethics and Political Science. His academic interests are mainly in Ethics, politics, society, and religious studies.
Some of Prof. Dr. Bernard T. Adenay-Risakotta’s writings are:
- Modernitas, Agama dan Budaya Nenek Moyang di Indonesia (Modernity, Religion and Culture in Indonesia) (mss. in preparation)
- Etika Sosial Lintas Budaya (Cross Cultural Social Ethics) (Yogyakarta: Kanisius, 2000)
- Strange Virtues: Ethics in a Multicultural World (Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press, 1995)
- Just War, Political Realism & Faith (Metuchen, NJ: Scarecrow Press, American Theological Library Association Monograph 24, 1988)
- Globalization and Religion in Indonesia” in Globalization and Religion: Friend or Foes? (Yogyakarta: CRCS, UGM, awaiting publication)
- “Ambivalensi Teknologi” in Ilmu, Etika dan Agama (Yogyakarta: Mizan/CRCS, 2006)
- “Teologi Bencana –Pendahuluan” in Teologi Bencana – Pergumulan Iman dalam Konteks Bencana Alam dan Bencana Sosial“, (Makassar: Oase Intim, Juli 2006)
- “Globalization, Religion and Fundamentalism” (Huissen, Netherlands: Globalethics.net, August 27-30 2006, internet publication)
- “Power from Below: Deconstructing the Dominant Paradigm”, in Asian Journal of Social Science, Vol. 33.1, March 2005.
- “Indonesian Reflections on the Paradigm of Power”, in The Modern Prince and the Modern Rishi: Rethinking Power and
- Freedom, edited by Ananta Kumar Giri (Madras: Sage Publishers)