Email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. in Public Policy, School of Government, Victoria University of Wellington, 2011
- Master of Art (MA) di Conflict Transformation, Eastern Mennonite University, 2006
- Master of Art (MA) in Comparative Religious Studies, Gadjah Mada University, 2003
- B.A. in Islamic Theology, Sunan Kalijaga State Islamic University, Yogyakarta, 2000.
- Religion, Violence and Peacebuilding, Gadjah Mada University, 2008-Present
- Religion, State and Society, Gadjah Mada University, 2011-Present
- Research Method on Political Islam, Sunan Kalijaga State Islamic University, 2012-Present
- Government and Politics, Sunan Kalijaga State Islamic University, 2012-Present
- Religion and Public Diplomacy, (guest lecturer), Victoria University of Wellington, 2009
- Social Changes and the Rise of Vigilantism in Yogyakarta, Funded by Hivos, 2015-present
- Post Conflict Need Assessment Framework, Indonesian Ministry of Village and Rural Development, 2016-present
- Country Representative in Indonesia of Varieties of Democracies (V-Dem) Project. The project measures the types and degree of democracies in the world. The project is a collaboration of three institutions: Department of Political Science at the University of Gothenburg, the Kellogg Institute at the University of Notre Dame, the Department of Political Science at Lund University, Sweden; and the Department of Political Science at Boston University, May 2013- Present.
- External Evaluation consultant for Search for Common Ground in the project “NGO-Security Service Engagement to Stem Human Rights Abuses in Indonesia,” 2014-2015) Co-Researcher,
- “Politik Identitas dan Narasi Radikal Ekstrim” (funded by Indonesian National Counterterrorism Bureau/BNPT), 2014.
- Member of writers of “Annual Report on Religious Life in Indonesia,” Centre for Religious and Crosscultural Studies (CRCS), Graduate School, Gadjah Mada University, 2012-2014.
- Co-researcher with Dicky Sofjan for Indonesian Interfaith Weather Station, Indonesian Consortium for Interreligious Studies, Gadjah Mada University, 2014-2015.
- Non-resident researcher for international center for political violence and terrorism research, Nanyang Technological University, 2012-2014.
- Analyst for security monitor bulletin of the Centre for Strategic Studies, Victoria University of Wellington, 2009.
Editorship and Organizational Experience
- Coordinator and facilitator of Diversity Management School (advanced training on research-based advocacy on issues of diversity), Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies, Graduate School, Gadjah Mada University, 2014-present.
- Editor In Chief, Perspectives on Religious Issues, Newsletter published by Centre for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies (CRCS) and International Consortium for Interreligious Studies (ICRS) Gadjah Mada University, 2013-present).
- Regional Team Member, Pluralism Knowledge Program, a program funded by Hivos to build bridges between academic and activists in the promotion of civic pluralism in Indonesia, Uganda, India and Netherlands, 2008-2014
- “Hizb al-Tahrir: Its Ideology, Theory of Change and Strategy for Non-Violent Revolution” (Forthcoming as a book chapter on radicalization edited by Kristian Steiner; will be published by Palgrave McMillan)
- “Heating the Boling Kettle: Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia and the Challenge to Normative Work of Indonesian Multiculturalism (Forthcoming as a book chapter edited by Robert Hefner; will be published by Indiana University Press)
- Democracy, Uncivil Society and Development: Evidence from Indonesian Province of Yogyakarta, (with Hary Widiyanto), forthcoming
- Socio-Ethical Issues for Multiculturalism: Indonesian Experience, forthcoming
- “Little China’ in a Javanese-Muslim Town of Indonesia: How the Culture of Coexistence Survived Communal Tensions,” (Forthcoming)
- Toleransi dan Intoleransi di Indonesia: Kajian atas Kultur Toleransi di Tengah Arus Perubahan Sosial di Kota Kupang, Nusa Tenggara Timur (Fortcoming as a monograph, will be published by INFID)
- Praktik Pengelolaan Keragaman di Indonesia: Koeksitensi dan Kontestasi (editor), Program Studi Agama dan Lintas Budaya, Sekolah Pascasarjana, Universitas Gadjah Mada, 2014.
- Politik Lokal dan Konflik Keagamaan: Pilkada dan Struktur Kesempatan Politik Konflik Keagamaan di Bekasi, Sampang dan Kupang,” Program Studi Agama dan Lintas Budaya, Sekolah Pascasarjana, Universitas Gadjah Mada, 2014
- “Isu-Isu Kunci Hate Speech di Indonesia,” (with Suhadi), Jurnal Harmoni, Desember, Departemen Agama Republik Indonesia, 2014
- “Mengelola Keragaman dari Bawah: Koeksistensi Jawa-Tionghoa di Lasem” in Wawasan Kebangsaan dan Kearifan Lokal, Sekolah Pascasarjana, Universitas Gadjah Mada, 2013
- “Struktur Politik Deradikalisasi Pendidikan Anak Muda di Indonesia,” Jurnal Pendidikan Islam, Vol. 3, NO.1, 2013
- Narasi dan Politik Identitas: Penerimaan Narasi Radikalisme di Indonesia (with Noorhaidi Hasan), Badan Nasional Penanggulangan Terorisme, 2014
- Contesting Morality: Youth Piety and Pluralism in Indonesia, Hivos Working Paper Series, 2012
- “Between Revolution and Reform: The Future of Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia,” Dynamics of Asymmetric Conflict, July, p. 1-17, 2009
- “Toward an Islamic Active Non-Violent Approach, Islam21, International Forum for Islam and Dialogue, London, 2007
- The Image of the Enemy: Radical Discourse in Indonesia, Silkworm Books, Bangkok, Thailand, 2006